Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Change is gonna do you good.

6 years ago, August, I began working at Legacy School. I was hired to teach stage craft classes and be a classroom aide, but I found myself driving the short bus, monitoring recess, and teaching preschool. The next year, I taught mornign kindergarten and various elective classes at the middle and high school.

When a position in first grade opened, I took it! 1 job - all day.

Well, this fall, I will be doing yet another job for Legacy, I will be the elementary school site supervisor. It's a new position at Legacy. Taking the principal responsibilities but with a new twist. One that involves the teachers as managers of the school and a supervisor to make sure t's are crossed and i's dotted.

I am excited and honored to start this journey, but I also have a heavy heart because I have big shoes to fill.

So here's to change! It's gonna do me good.

No comments: