Saturday, July 5, 2008

My first taste of academic and instructional leadership.


Arizona Department of Education
Leading Change Institute


"The Four C’s to Transforming Our Schools"
The institute will offer an approach to thinking systemically about the challenges and goals of change in districts and schools, which are known as the 4 C's - competence, conditions, culture and context. Strategies for leading the improvement of teaching for learning will be the focus of the institute.




This is how I spent Monday June 30, July 1, and July 2 with a wonderful colleague, Christi Reay in Tucson. It was truly my first taste into the opportunity that lays before me. There were a lot of great ideas to share and great connections to be made. I hope that I will prove myself worthy of the job of Site Administrator (it won't be for lack of trying)!

And to top it all off, I made the mistake of telling a gentleman that I had my MFA in theatre. Turns out he was a keynote speaker on Monday. The topic was using humor to teach. So I found myself being called up on the stage in front of oh about 275 people and doing this crazy improv. And so it begins . . .

1 comment:

mine eyes said...

We have ful faith in the direction that you will guide the school into. We are also happy to hear (read) Reay is doing well too. With the combination of both of you the schools transition shall be smooth, fun, and family friendly. You know you love the stage :)