Thursday, September 30, 2010

Home Improvements





It doesn't seem to make much sense to be doing home improvements in a house we are renting, but since the landlord takes the materials and labor out of our rent, why not!

The big project is painting the family room. The green that was in it was just fine, but there were big spots where the greens did not match so we decided to paint the whole room.

It was a project that was supposed to have been done back in July but for various reasons hasn't gotten done. Since I hate having projects hanging over my head, I decided to tackle this one. There are some areas I will need help with, but I got quite a bit done.

With the new brown chair cover we got and the green, the room reminds me of mint chocolate chip icecream, and that is ok! I will be sure to post pictures when it is all done.

We've also put up Halloween decorations. I am proud of the foyer decorations! Like the witch hat and cape hanging on the hooks? And is it neat to have a fireplace to be able to decorate with (thanks Dollar Store for the leaves and pumpkins). All done for $8.

Can't wait for Christmas . . .

No comments: