Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Year







2011 already has a month come and gone. Peyton has turned 4, Maddy 6 and Matt 37. I'm up next but not until March. The kids have had their first real fun in the snow for multiple days. They have been able to sled, build snowmen, help shovel - they love it.

Maddy's teacher tells us she is one of the tops in class for reading and her art skills are amazing. Her report card will come out next week and we are curious to see how she is doing (although we have excellent communication with the teachers). I have been trying to get in to volunteer one morning a week, I've been in once, 2 were late starts, and 2 Matt has been gone (he stays home with Peyton and goes to work late so I can do this). I hope I can get back in there.

My graduate studies are going well. 4.0 gpa so far in the two classes I have completed. I started my third class today. It is intense, but good. I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that I am staying home for now and that it is not a reflection on me. It sounds silly, but it has been a major struggle for me. I found a great list of 20 questions that could change your life and I hope to begin to answer them all on our other blog www.addx2.blogspot.com

Matt is in NC as we speak quite possibly working on something that will mean change yet again for the Leonard family. The kids still bring up Arizona and how much they miss everyone and our house. Maddy even tells us how she misses Brisco (and we gave him to the Italian Greyhound rescue in 2008). I have to admit, we are not 100% happy here so that would be ok - it's too cold and we simply don't have a support system. It gets pretty darn lonely.

No comments: