Thursday, October 14, 2010

Can't Get Enough


As I ended my time at Legacy, I wondered what I was going to do when we got to Virginia. I was trying to keep options open, but knew that I wanted to go back to school. I had a lot of successes at Legacy and I wanted a degree to back them up so that I could help other organizations.

At first I thought about going back for my PhD in psychology, general counselling. But the more I thought about it and researched, I found that you could get a degree in Organizational Psychology. I never knew such a thing existed. I suppose it was only a matter of time.

It seems like a natural fit for me. I will be able to use my leadership skills (that began way back in elementary school and continued with the Sleight Leadership Program at Albion), psychology BA, coaching, people skills, time management and other skills to get this degree and thus be able to be hired as a consultant to help organizations reach their full potential.

We are also beginning to put together a business plan for a small business that Matt and I want to start. The Organization Consulting will be a part of this business and I can't wait to get started. It will take me 18 months to complete the program. 1 class every 6 weeks - intense.

Here's to a new adventure. I was beginning to feel like I was loosing brain cells way too fast.

2 comments:

Nick and Ashley said...

YOU guys moved out of state! I was looking thru my emails and found your blog site again. Fun to see you guys and especially your super cute curly kids!

Our Fam said...

You will be SO great at this. I cant wait to read more about your new eduational prospects and the new business. Hope you enjoy the next 18 months of learning. This will be AWESOME for you.