Monday, August 30, 2010

All Grown Up



I won't even try to fill in the last year right now. That will all come in time as I update this blog. It's amazing how life gets in the way.

So, I will write about the next major event in our lives; KINDERGARTEN!!!!

I can't beleive that Maddy is all grown up and will be going to school fulltime. She did preschool for 2 years so it's not a huge deal, but still . . .

I loved kindergarten (actually I loved school period)! My teacher was Mr. Spiesman. Yes, a male kindergarten teacher. My mom said it was the best thing because my dad traveled a lot with work so Mr. Spiesman was a bit of a father figure in my life at that time. I remember my first day. School had already started at Geneva Elementary School and I walked into the classroom and went to a group of kids that were coloring. I think butterflies. My mom had to go home and make me lunch because she didn't know it was all day kindergarten.

So here's to a successful educational career for Miss Maddy. I hope that she will love it as much as I and if not, at least tolerate it and be respectful!

1 comment:

Our Fam said...

She has gotten SO BIG, We miss you guys terribly. Everytime I walk in the library and see Thomas I tear up, and the kids keep asking about you guys. Glad to hear that it sounds like you are enjoying mommyhood there. K.I.T Girl. Love ya
bojddoucet@gmail.com