Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Comes to a Close


It is the night before school starts and the end to a wonderful and adventurous summer.

First, I said goodbye to Legacy, my home for the last 7 years. That school was truly my family in Arizona and a place where I grew more as a person, wife, and mother than any other. I left meeting my goal of "Performing Plus". That's when you know it is truly time to move on. The challenge now is to see if I truly did build capacity and sustainability within the school, staff and students and to watch further years of success.

We moved to Triangle, VA in July. It is a wonderful place to be. Our children are being raised with such culture and diversity. How empowering for all of us. It has been lonely at times and the kids are longing for friends. My hope is now that school will start tomorrow that it will change. I too am longing for friends and hope that I will be able to make some new connections and rekindle some old from college and graduate school alike.

The major trade off in all of this is our closeness to family. We have seen so much of our families in just these short few months with more trips planned. It is so wonderful for the kids to be around family.

I am anxiously looking for a job. I have so much to offer and I have this innate need to serve others. I love being able to be home with the kids, but as Maddy begins school and as we search for a preschool for Peyton, I need to make sure that I feel fulfilled. I have a major fear that if I stay home for any length of time, that I will lose my momentum and my groove. I don't want to see both kids off to college and then not know what to do with the rest of my life.

Here's to the fall and the last few months of 2010.

1 comment:

Team Dana said...

The kids look so grown up! Good luck getting settled and finding a wonderful job. Allie is loving kindergarten. Hope M. is just as happy!